Shine a Light 2013
Features:Price: $15, or free with museum admission; free for museum members.
Once a year, artists from Portland State University’s Art and Social Practice MFA program overtake the hallowed halls of Portland Art Museum and present a one-night smorgasbord of vibrant activity designed to reimagine the museum experience. This year, gallery-goers can time travel via the re-creation of an early Grateful Dead show, try their hand at geocaching, and open up and say "ah" to the concept of mobile dentistry. Food and beer from local vendors including Tastebud, Salt & Straw, and Captured by Porches is available.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Genoa Restaurant Closing May 11
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Tripster: Weekend Plans
- Orenco Station: Westward Expansion