Shine a Light 2013
Features:Price: $15, or free with museum admission; free for museum members.
Once a year, artists from Portland State University’s Art and Social Practice MFA program overtake the hallowed halls of Portland Art Museum and present a one-night smorgasbord of vibrant activity designed to reimagine the museum experience. This year, gallery-goers can time travel via the re-creation of an early Grateful Dead show, try their hand at geocaching, and open up and say "ah" to the concept of mobile dentistry. Food and beer from local vendors including Tastebud, Salt & Straw, and Captured by Porches is available.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014