Steve Winkenwerder and Shannon Weber
The new works on display from Winkenwerder are the first in which his drawings, collage, and assemblage have been merged into single pieces, allowing him further exploration of his fascination with the discarded and the thrown away. Oregon artist Weber is known for weaving singular, spellbinding works from a variety of materials, including plants, discarded household items, and flotsam that washes up on the beach. It is in the latter set of material particularly that her work invokes themes of archaelogy and past nomadic traditions.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?