Steve Winkenwerder and Shannon Weber
The new works on display from Winkenwerder are the first in which his drawings, collage, and assemblage have been merged into single pieces, allowing him further exploration of his fascination with the discarded and the thrown away. Oregon artist Weber is known for weaving singular, spellbinding works from a variety of materials, including plants, discarded household items, and flotsam that washes up on the beach. It is in the latter set of material particularly that her work invokes themes of archaelogy and past nomadic traditions.
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America