Steve Winkenwerder and Shannon Weber
The new works on display from Winkenwerder are the first in which his drawings, collage, and assemblage have been merged into single pieces, allowing him further exploration of his fascination with the discarded and the thrown away. Oregon artist Weber is known for weaving singular, spellbinding works from a variety of materials, including plants, discarded household items, and flotsam that washes up on the beach. It is in the latter set of material particularly that her work invokes themes of archaelogy and past nomadic traditions.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Oregon's Best State Parks for Day Trippers
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops