Steve Winkenwerder and Shannon Weber
The new works on display from Winkenwerder are the first in which his drawings, collage, and assemblage have been merged into single pieces, allowing him further exploration of his fascination with the discarded and the thrown away. Oregon artist Weber is known for weaving singular, spellbinding works from a variety of materials, including plants, discarded household items, and flotsam that washes up on the beach. It is in the latter set of material particularly that her work invokes themes of archaelogy and past nomadic traditions.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches