An appearance by local hot jazz ensemble the Shanghai Woolies should inspire the audience to learn sophisticated dances that were the fashion before the Stock Market Crash. Led by Pink Martini trumpeter Gavin Bondy and featuring vocalist Khilmony Downs, formerly of Pink Martini and the Portland Opera, this octet can swing with the best of ’em, segueing from tender torch songs to Cab Calloway-style "hidey-ho" in a twinkling of brass.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald