An appearance by local hot jazz ensemble the Shanghai Woolies should inspire the audience to learn sophisticated dances that were the fashion before the Stock Market Crash. Led by Pink Martini trumpeter Gavin Bondy and featuring vocalist Khilmony Downs, formerly of Pink Martini and the Portland Opera, this octet can swing with the best of ’em, segueing from tender torch songs to Cab Calloway-style "hidey-ho" in a twinkling of brass.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads