OMSI Science Pub: High Fructose Corn Syrup
Features:Price: $5 suggested cover charge
High fructose corn syrup consumption in the United States has increased by over 100-fold in the last several decades yet most consumers do not know what this ingredient is, what it really does to the body, or why so much of it is being made and consumed. This talk will focus on the basic biology of sugar consumption, with special emphasis on the impact of fructose on the development of human diseases.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014