OMSI Science Pub: High Fructose Corn Syrup
Features:Price: $5 suggested cover charge
High fructose corn syrup consumption in the United States has increased by over 100-fold in the last several decades yet most consumers do not know what this ingredient is, what it really does to the body, or why so much of it is being made and consumed. This talk will focus on the basic biology of sugar consumption, with special emphasis on the impact of fructose on the development of human diseases.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland