OMSI Science Pub: High Fructose Corn Syrup
Features:Price: $5 suggested cover charge
High fructose corn syrup consumption in the United States has increased by over 100-fold in the last several decades yet most consumers do not know what this ingredient is, what it really does to the body, or why so much of it is being made and consumed. This talk will focus on the basic biology of sugar consumption, with special emphasis on the impact of fructose on the development of human diseases.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?