OMSI Science Pub: High Fructose Corn Syrup
Features:Price: $5 suggested cover charge
High fructose corn syrup consumption in the United States has increased by over 100-fold in the last several decades yet most consumers do not know what this ingredient is, what it really does to the body, or why so much of it is being made and consumed. This talk will focus on the basic biology of sugar consumption, with special emphasis on the impact of fructose on the development of human diseases.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Portland's 10 Best Salads