OMSI Science Pub: High Fructose Corn Syrup
Features:Price: $5 suggested cover charge
High fructose corn syrup consumption in the United States has increased by over 100-fold in the last several decades yet most consumers do not know what this ingredient is, what it really does to the body, or why so much of it is being made and consumed. This talk will focus on the basic biology of sugar consumption, with special emphasis on the impact of fructose on the development of human diseases.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald