Sarah Thebarge and the Invisible Girls
The Invisible Girls tells the true story of author Sarah Thebarge's initial encounter with a Somali mother and her daughters and her subsequent relationship with them. The Somali family, Thebarge soon learns, are refugees living in abject poverty in the Portland area. After leaving the east coast and her ivy league past, Thebarge meets the family soon after her move to Portland and at the tail end of a life changing fight against breast cancer. Proceeds from The Invisible Girls goes to a college fund for the five daughters. Join Sarah Thebarge and the girls on this night for a book signing.
- The Long-Awaited Portland Mercado Debuts with Homegrown Latin American Cuisine
- Guide to 2015 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Why Are Portlanders Obsessed With Tiny Houses?
- Run like it’s 1848 at the Oregon Trail 5K
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Iconic Big Egg Cart Closing Sunday To Open Brick-And-Mortar
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland