Sarah Thebarge and the Invisible Girls
The Invisible Girls tells the true story of author Sarah Thebarge's initial encounter with a Somali mother and her daughters and her subsequent relationship with them. The Somali family, Thebarge soon learns, are refugees living in abject poverty in the Portland area. After leaving the east coast and her ivy league past, Thebarge meets the family soon after her move to Portland and at the tail end of a life changing fight against breast cancer. Proceeds from The Invisible Girls goes to a college fund for the five daughters. Join Sarah Thebarge and the girls on this night for a book signing.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches