Romeo & Juliet
Original Practice Shakespeare Festival presents a uniquely gender-bent performance of Romeo and Juliet. With female lovers at the center of the play, Juliet's fathers clashing, and her cross-dressing Nurse stuck in the middle, this familiar story takes on new meaning. OPS Fest performs using the same techniques as they did in Shakespeare's own time, which means limited rehearsal; an onstage prompter; fast paced, energetic acting; and lots of audience interaction. This lends a much more immediate, organic and improvisational feel to the performances. This is a staged reading performed as part of The OUTwright Festival.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Portland's 10 Best Salads