Romeo & Juliet
Original Practice Shakespeare Festival presents a uniquely gender-bent performance of Romeo and Juliet. With female lovers at the center of the play, Juliet's fathers clashing, and her cross-dressing Nurse stuck in the middle, this familiar story takes on new meaning. OPS Fest performs using the same techniques as they did in Shakespeare's own time, which means limited rehearsal; an onstage prompter; fast paced, energetic acting; and lots of audience interaction. This lends a much more immediate, organic and improvisational feel to the performances. This is a staged reading performed as part of The OUTwright Festival.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch