Writer and musician Willy Vlautin continues to make “lost soul music” with his band Richmond Fontaine, one of the best examples of alt-country rock happening in the city. Poetic and with a deep abiding love and respect for the marginalized folks he writes about, Vlautin’s lyrics evoke the Pacific Northwest, the desert, and Midwest states, each song a road trip of imagery in itself.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26