Writer and musician Willy Vlautin continues to make “lost soul music” with his band Richmond Fontaine, one of the best examples of alt-country rock happening in the city. Poetic and with a deep abiding love and respect for the marginalized folks he writes about, Vlautin’s lyrics evoke the Pacific Northwest, the desert, and Midwest states, each song a road trip of imagery in itself.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads