The photogenic front man for the Old 97’s is flying solo behind the 2012 release of his album The Dreamer, a typically catchy and thoughtful collection of countrified pop music. Thrilling numbers like “Out of Love” and “Swimming in Sunshine” are majestic in their cathartic melancholy, while subtler songs like “Sleepwalkin’” and “I’ll Try To” are small, bittersweet snapshots of a Casanova ruminating over lost love. Any appreciator of ace songwriting should be front and center taking copious notes.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans