Return to Noir Ville
Features:Price: $6 per show/$40 for festival pass
For 13 dark days, Cinema 21 invites you to throw on a trenchcoat, take up smoking, and memorize a few killer quips. "Return to Noir Ville" is a festival of classic film noir, that post-war cinematic movement (heavily influenced by the work of German Expressionists) that featured world-weary male protagonists (think Bogart, Glenn Ford, Richard Widmark) caught up in the machinations of cunning femme fatales (think Lana Turner, Gene Tierney, Frances McDormand) who will beguile and betray them. Mildred Pierce, The Narrow Margin, Blood Simple, The Postman Always Rings Twice, and Laura are just a few of the 11 titles that will be screened.
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Aug 21–24