Return to Noir Ville
Features:Price: $6 per show/$40 for festival pass
For 13 dark days, Cinema 21 invites you to throw on a trenchcoat, take up smoking, and memorize a few killer quips. "Return to Noir Ville" is a festival of classic film noir, that post-war cinematic movement (heavily influenced by the work of German Expressionists) that featured world-weary male protagonists (think Bogart, Glenn Ford, Richard Widmark) caught up in the machinations of cunning femme fatales (think Lana Turner, Gene Tierney, Frances McDormand) who will beguile and betray them. Mildred Pierce, The Narrow Margin, Blood Simple, The Postman Always Rings Twice, and Laura are just a few of the 11 titles that will be screened.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?