Return to Noir Ville
Features:Price: $6 per show/$40 for festival pass
For 13 dark days, Cinema 21 invites you to throw on a trenchcoat, take up smoking, and memorize a few killer quips. "Return to Noir Ville" is a festival of classic film noir, that post-war cinematic movement (heavily influenced by the work of German Expressionists) that featured world-weary male protagonists (think Bogart, Glenn Ford, Richard Widmark) caught up in the machinations of cunning femme fatales (think Lana Turner, Gene Tierney, Frances McDormand) who will beguile and betray them. Mildred Pierce, The Narrow Margin, Blood Simple, The Postman Always Rings Twice, and Laura are just a few of the 11 titles that will be screened.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Top Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 18-21