Raymond Pettibon: The Punk Years, 1978-86
In 1978, when SoCal punk band needed to ditch the name Panic, Raymond Pettibon suggested the name Black Flag and scribbled down the band's iconic four black bar logo. Pettibon, little brother of Black Flag founding member Greg Ginn, went on to design album artwork for Black Flag, Minutemen, and Sonic Youth, among others. One Grand Gallery hosts a tour of Pettibon's irreverent and autiauthorian black and white line drawings, highlighting his participation in, and influence over, the punk art scene.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches