Raymond Pettibon: The Punk Years, 1978-86
In 1978, when SoCal punk band needed to ditch the name Panic, Raymond Pettibon suggested the name Black Flag and scribbled down the band's iconic four black bar logo. Pettibon, little brother of Black Flag founding member Greg Ginn, went on to design album artwork for Black Flag, Minutemen, and Sonic Youth, among others. One Grand Gallery hosts a tour of Pettibon's irreverent and autiauthorian black and white line drawings, highlighting his participation in, and influence over, the punk art scene.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?