Raymond Pettibon: The Punk Years, 1978-86
In 1978, when SoCal punk band needed to ditch the name Panic, Raymond Pettibon suggested the name Black Flag and scribbled down the band's iconic four black bar logo. Pettibon, little brother of Black Flag founding member Greg Ginn, went on to design album artwork for Black Flag, Minutemen, and Sonic Youth, among others. One Grand Gallery hosts a tour of Pettibon's irreverent and autiauthorian black and white line drawings, highlighting his participation in, and influence over, the punk art scene.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads