R3: An Anatomical Study of Humanity
The Portland Experimental Theatre Ensemble, a newcomer to local stages, reenvisions Shakespeare’s blood-spattered political drama Richard III from the perspectives of its disempowered female characters. The Fertile Ground Festival world premiere is directed by New York’s Gisela Cardenas and features local talent like Gretchen Corbett and Rebecca Lingafelter.
What we said: "This reimagining of Richard’s journey through manipulation and murder to England’s throne unsettles the audience’s remembrance of the classic text in a sinister, mesmerizing way, playing up the macabre with a barren, almost dystopian set and unusual use of props. But ultimately it loses itself in the convoluted heft of the story." Read our review of R3.
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Damian Lillard Unveils His Adidas Shoe