"Promised Land" Benefit for Outside In with Gus Van Sant
Features:Price: $49–79 for the movie; $55 for VIP reception with Gus Van Sant at 6pm
Be the first to see Portland filmmaker Gus Van Sant's new movie, Promised Land, at a fundraising event for the local nonprofit Outside In, which provides medical care and other services for homeless youth. Promised Land stars Matt Damon, Frances McDormand, and John Krasinski and is about the effects of natural gas extraction (or "fracking") on a small rural community. Based off a Dave Eggers story, the screenplay was written by Krasinski and Damon, who won an Oscar for his screenplay for another movie directed by Van Sant. You might remember it: Good Will Hunting, the movie that introduced the world to Damon and Ben Affleck. Promised Land opens nationwide on January 4.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads