POW Fest: Tales From The Organ Trade
Portland Women’s Film Festival, a celebration and exhibition of works by women filmmakers, both local and international, hosts it’s 7th consecutive year showcasing over 900 films March 6th–9th at the Hollywood Theatre.
Winner of The Edge Documentary Festival Tales From The Oregon Trade takes viewers deep into the black markets and poses a question with no easy answers: what lengths would you go to obtain an organ necessary for survival? Director Esther Bienstock journeys to eight countries over the course of 3 years to examine the far reaches of the organ trafficking black market and investigates everyone involved—from the rogue surgeons and street traders to the recipients and donors themselves. This documentary screens along with short films Mind in Body and X–Ray Man.
For the full schedule of POW Fest please visit their website.
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015