POW Fest: Joanna Priestley Retrospective
Portland Women’s Film Festival, a celebration and exhibition of works by women filmmakers, both local and international, hosts it’s 7th consecutive year showcasing over 900 films March 6th–9th at the Hollywood Theatre.
Join POW Fest looking back over the prolific career of 2014's Guest of Honor, Joanna Priestley. This celebrated Portland animator has produced over 27 films, honored with retrospectives at the MoMA (New York), Center for Contemporary Art (Warsaw), REDAT (Los Angeles), Stuttgart Animation Festival, and the American Cinematheque (Los Angeles), and shown on PBS and BBC2.
Take part in an evening of animated films and conversation with Priestley followed by POW Fest’s closing night reception.
For the full schedule of POW Fest please visit their website.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014