Features:Price: Festival Passes for $60
Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival kicks off this year with a Portland preview of Jackie Weissman’s documentary Rock N Roll Mamas, which follows three successful musicians—Kristin Hersh of Throwing Muses, Zia McCabe of Portland’s Dandy Warhols, and hip-hop artist Ms.Su’ad—as they balance life on the road and life with children. But similar stories could likely be told about many of the female filmmakers behind the fest’s 85 films. From around the world, they’re filling theaters and winning acclaim for films such as Laura Colella’s Breakfast with Curtis, which was just nominated for a 2013 Film Independent Spirit Award.
Of course, there’ll be some rock ’n’ roll to go around, too, particularly from the fest’s headlining guest, Penelope Spheeris, whose incredible breadth of work includes Wayne’s World, Suburbia, Decline of Western Civilization, and Black Sheep.
For the full schedule please visit the website listed below.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads