Portland Piano International: Marc-André Hamelin
Writing for The New York Times, Vivien Schweitzer noted that Marc-André Hamelin "finds the word 'virtuoso,' which is invariably applied to his playing, a somewhat derogatory descriptive that implies mere showmanship ... But he wields his jawdropping technique, impressive even alongside the technical wizardry or many contemporary pianists, entirely in the service of insightful, passionate music making." Hamelin's unique blend of musicianship and virtuosity brings forth interpretations remarkable for their freedom, originality, and prodigious technical mastery.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads