Portland Piano International: Marc-André Hamelin
Writing for The New York Times, Vivien Schweitzer noted that Marc-André Hamelin "finds the word 'virtuoso,' which is invariably applied to his playing, a somewhat derogatory descriptive that implies mere showmanship ... But he wields his jawdropping technique, impressive even alongside the technical wizardry or many contemporary pianists, entirely in the service of insightful, passionate music making." Hamelin's unique blend of musicianship and virtuosity brings forth interpretations remarkable for their freedom, originality, and prodigious technical mastery.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Back to Eden Brings Food Cart “Cottage” to Southeast Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts