Portland Piano International: Marc-André Hamelin
Writing for The New York Times, Vivien Schweitzer noted that Marc-André Hamelin "finds the word 'virtuoso,' which is invariably applied to his playing, a somewhat derogatory descriptive that implies mere showmanship ... But he wields his jawdropping technique, impressive even alongside the technical wizardry or many contemporary pianists, entirely in the service of insightful, passionate music making." Hamelin's unique blend of musicianship and virtuosity brings forth interpretations remarkable for their freedom, originality, and prodigious technical mastery.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Top Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 18-21