Portland Piano International: Marc-André Hamelin
Writing for The New York Times, Vivien Schweitzer noted that Marc-André Hamelin "finds the word 'virtuoso,' which is invariably applied to his playing, a somewhat derogatory descriptive that implies mere showmanship ... But he wields his jawdropping technique, impressive even alongside the technical wizardry or many contemporary pianists, entirely in the service of insightful, passionate music making." Hamelin's unique blend of musicianship and virtuosity brings forth interpretations remarkable for their freedom, originality, and prodigious technical mastery.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald