Portland Piano International: Marc-André Hamelin
Writing for The New York Times, Vivien Schweitzer noted that Marc-André Hamelin "finds the word 'virtuoso,' which is invariably applied to his playing, a somewhat derogatory descriptive that implies mere showmanship ... But he wields his jawdropping technique, impressive even alongside the technical wizardry or many contemporary pianists, entirely in the service of insightful, passionate music making." Hamelin's unique blend of musicianship and virtuosity brings forth interpretations remarkable for their freedom, originality, and prodigious technical mastery.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Paul Gerald's Favorite Places