Portland Opera: Pirates of Penzance
In 2011, Oregon Shakespeare Festival Artistic Director Bill Rauch updated Gilbert and Sullivan’s classic to include musical phrases from more modern times, drawing sold out audiences. Now fresh off of directing Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston on Broadway in the OSF-commissioned All the Way (it was nominated for a Tony!), Rauch revists Pirates with the Portland Opera, where he’ll sub opera phrases for some of those pop-cultural ones. He promises none of the zaniness is getting dialed back.
Read our profile of Rauch and Pirates from our Spring Arts Preview.
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Micro-Eateries