Portland Opera: Pirates of Penzance
In 2011, Oregon Shakespeare Festival Artistic Director Bill Rauch updated Gilbert and Sullivan’s classic to include musical phrases from more modern times, drawing sold out audiences. Now fresh off of directing Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston on Broadway in the OSF-commissioned All the Way (it was nominated for a Tony!), Rauch revists Pirates with the Portland Opera, where he’ll sub opera phrases for some of those pop-cultural ones. He promises none of the zaniness is getting dialed back.
Read our profile of Rauch and Pirates from our Spring Arts Preview.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Hot Travel Links: The Coolest Camper Ever, Airbus's Sadistic Plan, and a Fried Chicken Roadtrip
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes