Portland Jazz Festival
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
Portland’s premier jazz event pairs local talent with players on the world stage. On tap this year: all-star, all-female trio ACS, the “S” of which stands for hometown hero and 2011 Best New Artist Grammy winner Esparanza Spalding; Jack DeJohnette, one of jazz’s chopsiest skins players; and “The Jazz Message,” a tribute to bandleader and mentor Art Blakey featuring seven alumni of his Jazz Messengers combo.
The festival takes place across multiple venues. For locations, showtimes, and ticket prices, visit website.
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Top Things to Do Labor Day Weekend 2014
- 6 Great Summer Food Cart Sandwiches
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- 7 Relaxing Summer Day Trips
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts