Portland Jazz Festival
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
Portland’s premier jazz event pairs local talent with players on the world stage. On tap this year: all-star, all-female trio ACS, the “S” of which stands for hometown hero and 2011 Best New Artist Grammy winner Esparanza Spalding; Jack DeJohnette, one of jazz’s chopsiest skins players; and “The Jazz Message,” a tribute to bandleader and mentor Art Blakey featuring seven alumni of his Jazz Messengers combo.
The festival takes place across multiple venues. For locations, showtimes, and ticket prices, visit website.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- An Entire Store Devoted to Locally Made Goods
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21