Portland Jazz Festival
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
Portland’s premier jazz event pairs local talent with players on the world stage. On tap this year: all-star, all-female trio ACS, the “S” of which stands for hometown hero and 2011 Best New Artist Grammy winner Esparanza Spalding; Jack DeJohnette, one of jazz’s chopsiest skins players; and “The Jazz Message,” a tribute to bandleader and mentor Art Blakey featuring seven alumni of his Jazz Messengers combo.
The festival takes place across multiple venues. For locations, showtimes, and ticket prices, visit website.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Three Women Transforming Ranching in Eastern Oregon
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Writer and Private Investigator Rene Denfeld on Portland Sexism
- 10 Amazing Oregon Women Breaking Barriers, Kicking Ass, and Inspiring Us All
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland