Portland Collects: PMOMA Presents Work from Private Collections
PMOMA draws artwork from the domestic sphere and puts in in the gallery setting in Portland Collects: PMONA Presents work from Private Collections. In a city chock full of artists, collectors play an crucial role in supporting the creative community through art purchase and collecting. Taking sold pieces out of the homes they enliven and into the gallery setting, PMONA showcases a wide spectrum of work and emphasizes the significance of art commerce in a forum removed from commercial pressures.
Artists include Manuel Izquierdo, Todd Haynes, John Fahey, Lucinda Parker, Sister Corita Kent, Howard Finster, Mose Tolliver, Sally Haley, Leroy Alman, Cynthia Star, Storm Tharpe, Terry Toedtemeier, Jimmy Lee Sudduth, Vaginal Davis, Michael Hall, BF Pirkins, and Arthur Renquist and will be showing through February 7th at PMOMA.
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- DIY Fall Hair and Makeup Trends
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- The Northwest's Best Hidden Waterfalls