Portland Brooklyn Project: A Benefit for Red Hook, Brooklyn
For its latest issue, lit quarterly Tin House plumbs the relationship between their homebase of Portland and satellite, Brooklyn "to show you the ever-evolving dynamism of these cities," over the caricatures of cool and clichés both have come to embody. It seems appropriate to call the two towns "sister cities." As with siblings, the distance, the jealousy, falls away to reveal a fierce protectiveness in times of need.
Tin House hosts a benefit to support the waterfront Red Hook, Brooklyn neighborhood hard hit by Hurricane Sandy. Authors Jon Raymond, Karen Karbo, Peter Carlin, and Nancy Rommelmann will tackle the evening's theme of "Defiance," while The Tim DuRoche Band and Casey Neill will be performing. $20 for an advance ticket or $35 for a ticket and entry into the raffle—prizes include: gift certificates, subscriptions, and select titles from the Tin House catalogue!
All proceeds will go to the Red Hook Initiative and Rebuild Red Hook.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Portland's 10 Best Salads