Portland Baroque Orchestra: Italy c. 1600-1760
Carla Moore (violin), Tanya Tomkins (violoncello), and Nate Helgeson (bassoon) revisit a turbulent era in Italian history. As the Protestant movement sought to reform and de-mystify Catholicism, the latter doubled down with ever more elaborate visual and aural compositions. Vivaldi, Castello, and de Selma y Salaverde each played a part. PBO concertmaster Moore and principal cellist Tomkins (pictured), each a director of her own Bay Area ensemble, make their PBO directing debuts and also perform as soloists.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Portland's 10 Best Salads