Portland Baroque Orchestra: Italy c. 1600-1760
Carla Moore (violin), Tanya Tomkins (violoncello), and Nate Helgeson (bassoon) revisit a turbulent era in Italian history. As the Protestant movement sought to reform and de-mystify Catholicism, the latter doubled down with ever more elaborate visual and aural compositions. Vivaldi, Castello, and de Selma y Salaverde each played a part. PBO concertmaster Moore and principal cellist Tomkins (pictured), each a director of her own Bay Area ensemble, make their PBO directing debuts and also perform as soloists.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland this January
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet