Portland Baroque Orchestra: Italy c. 1600-1760
Carla Moore (violin), Tanya Tomkins (violoncello), and Nate Helgeson (bassoon) revisit a turbulent era in Italian history. As the Protestant movement sought to reform and de-mystify Catholicism, the latter doubled down with ever more elaborate visual and aural compositions. Vivaldi, Castello, and de Selma y Salaverde each played a part. PBO concertmaster Moore and principal cellist Tomkins (pictured), each a director of her own Bay Area ensemble, make their PBO directing debuts and also perform as soloists.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans