Portland Baroque Orchestra: Italy c. 1600-1760
Carla Moore (violin), Tanya Tomkins (violoncello), and Nate Helgeson (bassoon) revisit a turbulent era in Italian history. As the Protestant movement sought to reform and de-mystify Catholicism, the latter doubled down with ever more elaborate visual and aural compositions. Vivaldi, Castello, and de Selma y Salaverde each played a part. PBO concertmaster Moore and principal cellist Tomkins (pictured), each a director of her own Bay Area ensemble, make their PBO directing debuts and also perform as soloists.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Devouring Portland's Hottest Brunch Spots
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates