Portland Baroque Orchestra: Italy c. 1600-1760
Carla Moore (violin), Tanya Tomkins (violoncello), and Nate Helgeson (bassoon) revisit a turbulent era in Italian history. As the Protestant movement sought to reform and de-mystify Catholicism, the latter doubled down with ever more elaborate visual and aural compositions. Vivaldi, Castello, and de Selma y Salaverde each played a part. PBO concertmaster Moore and principal cellist Tomkins (pictured), each a director of her own Bay Area ensemble, make their PBO directing debuts and also perform as soloists.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Paul Gerald's Favorite Places