Philip Iosca: Moment, Monument
Philip Iosca, trained at the Rhode Island School of Design and a graduate of Weiden+Kennedy’s 12 Program, is a Portland-based artist who is climbing into national acclaim—his hot pink wrecking bar was recently called out as a Best Bet in New York magazine. In this solo exhibition, Moment, Monument, he uses material manipulation to rework canonized minimalist artworks and mass-produced items, such as repeating an early photo of James Taylor that addresses both celebrity and homoeroticism. Mysteriously, rather than being descriptive, the press release for the show consists of dialogue, presumably, from the 1961 French film Last Year at Marienbad.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads