Penny Allen Retrospective: Gus Van Sant, Eric Edwards, and Walt Curtis
Penny Allen—film-maker, writer, photographer, and community organizer—is one of Portland's film pioneers, capturing the weirdness of Portland in the 80s long before it was a bumper sticker slogan. Director Gus Van Sant, cinematographer Eric Edwards, and poet-writer Walt Curtis—all of whom worked together on Allen's early films—will do a Q&A after Saturday's 7 pm screening of Property. To learn more about the connections between Allen, Van Sant, Edwards, and more, see our family tree of Portland filmmakers.
7:00pm: Property (Q+A with Gus Van Sant and Eric Edwards moderated by Shawn Levy)
9:30pm: Paydirt (Q+A with Penny Allen and Walt Curtis moderated by S.W. Conser)
7:00pm: The Didier Connection and The Soldier’s Tale (Q+A with Penny Allen)
9:30pm: Late for My Mother’s Funeral (Q+A with Penny Allen)
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads