Paula Boggs Band
The blues- and jazz-flavored rock of Seattle’s Paula Boggs Band might be standard coffeehouse fare if the front woman’s backstory didn’t lend the brew greater complexity. Boggs has served in the army; worked as a lawyer in the White House, the Pentagon, and the US Attorney’s Office; and acted as an executive vice president for Starbucks. Today, in addition to fronting a band, the “Fortune 500 vet” sits on the boards of Johns Hopkins University, the Red Cross, and KEXP public radio. File PBB’s music under “What am I doing with my life?”
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants