Paula Boggs Band
The blues- and jazz-flavored rock of Seattle’s Paula Boggs Band might be standard coffeehouse fare if the front woman’s backstory didn’t lend the brew greater complexity. Boggs has served in the army; worked as a lawyer in the White House, the Pentagon, and the US Attorney’s Office; and acted as an executive vice president for Starbucks. Today, in addition to fronting a band, the “Fortune 500 vet” sits on the boards of Johns Hopkins University, the Red Cross, and KEXP public radio. File PBB’s music under “What am I doing with my life?”
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads