A consummate songwriter (her songs have been covered by the Dixie Chicks, Emmylou Harris, and Kelly Clarkson) with a gift for melancholy turns of phrase, Griffin is earning rave reviews for her latest album, American Kid, about which Paste magazine opined "Taking emotional truths and cutting to the quick, her razor-sharp sense of detail has never been sharper…"
Over the past three decades, the Grammy Award-winning artist has been celebrated for her distinctive alt-country approach to traditional American folk music. American Kid, Griffin’s seventh album, is her first album of mainly new material since Children Running Through in 2007. In between now and then, she released the Grammy Award-winning gospel album Downtown Church, and became a member of Band of Joy, the group lead by Robert Plant.
- Top Things to Do Labor Day Weekend 2014
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- 6 Great Summer Food Cart Sandwiches
- 7 Relaxing Summer Day Trips
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Northwest's Best Hidden Waterfalls
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’