A consummate songwriter (her songs have been covered by the Dixie Chicks, Emmylou Harris, and Kelly Clarkson) with a gift for melancholy turns of phrase, Griffin is earning rave reviews for her latest album, American Kid, about which Paste magazine opined "Taking emotional truths and cutting to the quick, her razor-sharp sense of detail has never been sharper…"
Over the past three decades, the Grammy Award-winning artist has been celebrated for her distinctive alt-country approach to traditional American folk music. American Kid, Griffin’s seventh album, is her first album of mainly new material since Children Running Through in 2007. In between now and then, she released the Grammy Award-winning gospel album Downtown Church, and became a member of Band of Joy, the group lead by Robert Plant.
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Damian Lillard Unveils His Adidas Shoe