Dr. Ken Buesseler: Our Radioactive Oceans
Marine radiochemist and Fukushima disaster expert Dr. Ken Buesseler discusses the basics of radiation, the affects of Fukushima on the Pacific, and ways we can help. Buesseler is a scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, where he runs the Center for Marine and Environmental Radiation (CMER) and the How Radioactive Are Our Oceans project, which is the only program monitoring the Pacific's radioactivity post-Fukishima.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014