At the forefront of the 1960s Brazilian Tropicalia (think psychedelic-funk-garage-rock-samba) movement, Os Mutantes influenced a vast amount of musicians, from Kurt Cobain and Beck to Of Montreal and the Talking Heads. Reunited after 30-plus years, the Mutantes summon the same exotic verve they had back in the day when they were dodging imprisonment threats from the Brazilian government.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants