At the forefront of the 1960s Brazilian Tropicalia (think psychedelic-funk-garage-rock-samba) movement, Os Mutantes influenced a vast amount of musicians, from Kurt Cobain and Beck to Of Montreal and the Talking Heads. Reunited after 30-plus years, the Mutantes summon the same exotic verve they had back in the day when they were dodging imprisonment threats from the Brazilian government.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26