At the forefront of the 1960s Brazilian Tropicalia (think psychedelic-funk-garage-rock-samba) movement, Os Mutantes influenced a vast amount of musicians, from Kurt Cobain and Beck to Of Montreal and the Talking Heads. Reunited after 30-plus years, the Mutantes summon the same exotic verve they had back in the day when they were dodging imprisonment threats from the Brazilian government.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?