At the forefront of the 1960s Brazilian Tropicalia (think psychedelic-funk-garage-rock-samba) movement, Os Mutantes influenced a vast amount of musicians, from Kurt Cobain and Beck to Of Montreal and the Talking Heads. Reunited after 30-plus years, the Mutantes summon the same exotic verve they had back in the day when they were dodging imprisonment threats from the Brazilian government.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans