OMSI Science Pub: The Inevitable Robot Uprising
Features:Price: $5 suggested donation
The fear of a robot apocalypse is real to Daniel Wilson, Ph.D., even though his life's work revolves around our android companions. Wilson received a doctorate in robotics from Carnegie Mellon's Robotics Institute, and penned two books, How to Survive a Robot Uprising, and Robopocalypse. Start your preparation for the uprising by reading our profile on Wilson, then come listen to his advice in person at Hollywood Theatre's Science Pub night.
No scientific background is required, so Science Pubs are a great way to feel intellectually engaged while sipping on your drink of choice in a comfortable setting.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- 15 Ways to Pamper Yourself From Head to Toe
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- Cozy Up with Portland's Best Hot Chocolate