OMSI Science Pub: The Inevitable Robot Uprising
Features:Price: $5 suggested donation
The fear of a robot apocalypse is real to Daniel Wilson, Ph.D., even though his life's work revolves around our android companions. Wilson received a doctorate in robotics from Carnegie Mellon's Robotics Institute, and penned two books, How to Survive a Robot Uprising, and Robopocalypse. Start your preparation for the uprising by reading our profile on Wilson, then come listen to his advice in person at Hollywood Theatre's Science Pub night.
No scientific background is required, so Science Pubs are a great way to feel intellectually engaged while sipping on your drink of choice in a comfortable setting.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- Inside Woodstock's Fishermen-Owned Portland Fish Market
- A Guide to Portland's Mac & Cheese Scene
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Portlanders Share Stories of Their Worst Dates Ever
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX