OMSI Science Pub: House of Wisdom: The Influence of Islamic Science on Western Culture
Features:Price: $5 suggested donation
While Christian nations sunk into dark times after the fall of Rome, Muslim nations thrived, producing great strides in astronomy, mathmatics, and philosophy. Jonathan Lyons, who calls NE Portland his home, will discuss how great European minds benefitted from the hotbed of progress in cities like Baghdad and Antioch.
No scientific background is required, so Science Pubs are a great way to feel intellectually engaged while sipping on your drink of choice in a comfortable setting.
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau