OMSI Science Pub: House of Wisdom: The Influence of Islamic Science on Western Culture
Features:Price: $5 suggested donation
While Christian nations sunk into dark times after the fall of Rome, Muslim nations thrived, producing great strides in astronomy, mathmatics, and philosophy. Jonathan Lyons, who calls NE Portland his home, will discuss how great European minds benefitted from the hotbed of progress in cities like Baghdad and Antioch.
No scientific background is required, so Science Pubs are a great way to feel intellectually engaged while sipping on your drink of choice in a comfortable setting.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads