OMSI Science Pub: House of Wisdom: The Influence of Islamic Science on Western Culture
Features:Price: $5 suggested donation
While Christian nations sunk into dark times after the fall of Rome, Muslim nations thrived, producing great strides in astronomy, mathmatics, and philosophy. Jonathan Lyons, who calls NE Portland his home, will discuss how great European minds benefitted from the hotbed of progress in cities like Baghdad and Antioch.
No scientific background is required, so Science Pubs are a great way to feel intellectually engaged while sipping on your drink of choice in a comfortable setting.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- An Entire Store Devoted to Locally Made Goods
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21