OMSI Science Pub: Creating Digital Worlds: The Tech Behind the Pixels
Features:Price: $5 suggested donation
Screens and pixels play a major role in the life of a modern American, but how do all these digital landscapes actually work? Three experts in the field—Cooper Johnson of Cardboard Castle studios, Damon Redmond of Clackamas Community College's Digital Media Communications Department, and J Bills of VFX/PDX—will give exclusive glimpses behind the scenes at the technology that makes our favorite movies and video games possible.
No scientific background is required, so Science Pubs are a great way to feel intellectually engaged while sipping on your drink of choice in a comfortable setting.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- Portlanders Share Stories of Their Worst Dates Ever
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Rental Market Madness
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland