Moonviewing, or O-Tsukimi, is a traditional Japanese festival which honors the full moon in autumn. Guests can expect to observe a candle-lit tea ceremony in the Kashintei Tea House and listen to live music, and are invited to write their own poetry in honor of the autumn moon or simply listen to poetry readings in the Garden Pavilion. Sip on tea or sake, enjoy some seasonal Japanese foods (donated by Bamboo Sushi), and experience a peaceful walk through the garden during moonlit hours.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald