Northwest Dance Project: Director's Choice
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Northwest Dance Project, founding Artistic Director Sarah Slipper selects the best works from the companies all-original repertoire, featuring past works from French choreographer Patrick Delcroix, British dancer and choreographer Ihsan Rustem, and from Slipper herself.
"Artistic director Slipper's own A Fine Balance (2009) was an, in turn, sensual, winsome and cutting duet for company star and Princess Grace Award–winner Andrea Parson and Viktor Usov that doubled as the most spectacularly acrobatic session of couple's counseling ever. Parson is a gamine powderkeg—her small form cutting through movements with knife-edged grace one second, melting against and seemingly into her partner the next. I suspect she’d be captivating to watch even if she was just eating Rice Krispies at her kitchen table; she’s that interesting..." Read our full review.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- 15 Ways to Pamper Yourself From Head to Toe
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- Cozy Up with Portland's Best Hot Chocolate