Northwest Dance Project: Director's Choice
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Northwest Dance Project, founding Artistic Director Sarah Slipper selects the best works from the companies all-original repertoire, featuring past works from French choreographer Patrick Delcroix, British dancer and choreographer Ihsan Rustem, and from Slipper herself.
"Artistic director Slipper's own A Fine Balance (2009) was an, in turn, sensual, winsome and cutting duet for company star and Princess Grace Award–winner Andrea Parson and Viktor Usov that doubled as the most spectacularly acrobatic session of couple's counseling ever. Parson is a gamine powderkeg—her small form cutting through movements with knife-edged grace one second, melting against and seemingly into her partner the next. I suspect she’d be captivating to watch even if she was just eating Rice Krispies at her kitchen table; she’s that interesting..." Read our full review.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads