Naomi Wolf ruffled feathers in the early 1990s with the release of The Beauty Myth, a third-wave feminism attack on the patriarchal construction of beauty that reproduces male dominance and sets a standard unattainable to most women. Her latest, VAGINA: A New Biography, looks at the relationship between a woman's brain and her experience of her vagina having effects on her creativity. She seeks to shed light on an overlooked factor of women and their senses, and is able to speak on it after experiencing a pelvic injury herself and suffering from loss of varying senses.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland