Nancy King "Just Friends"
Presented as part of the Portland 2013 Jazz Festival. Nancy King is a master of the bebop-scat singing style made famous by Louis Armstrong. An improvising musician in the tradition of singers Sheila Jordan, Betty Carter and Ella Fitzgerald, King spent her formative years in the Bay Area and performed with Miles Davis and Pharoah Sanders and in the 80’s and hit the festival circuit in Europe. Shortly thereafter, she broke through with a string of critically acclaimed albums for Justice Records and was nominated for a Grammy in 2006. King will play this concert with musical kindred spirits and fellow Pacific Northwesterners Glen Moore and Steve Christofferson.
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- 10 Portland-Style Junk Food Favorites
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’