Nancy King "Just Friends"
Presented as part of the Portland 2013 Jazz Festival. Nancy King is a master of the bebop-scat singing style made famous by Louis Armstrong. An improvising musician in the tradition of singers Sheila Jordan, Betty Carter and Ella Fitzgerald, King spent her formative years in the Bay Area and performed with Miles Davis and Pharoah Sanders and in the 80’s and hit the festival circuit in Europe. Shortly thereafter, she broke through with a string of critically acclaimed albums for Justice Records and was nominated for a Grammy in 2006. King will play this concert with musical kindred spirits and fellow Pacific Northwesterners Glen Moore and Steve Christofferson.
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015