To ring in the Japanese new year, traditional mochitsuki revelers heft a wooden mallet and pound vats of cooked rice into malleable mochi paste. But Mochitsuki Portland has much more in store than ceremonial grist-grinding. The celebration brings together a family-friendly selection of some of the best regional Asian entertainment, including Portland Taiko (Japanese drumming), Takohachi (Japanese drumming), Sahomi Tachibana Dancers (Japanese classical dance), and more!
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- How Michelle Lesniak Stole FashioNXT