To ring in the Japanese new year, traditional mochitsuki revelers heft a wooden mallet and pound vats of cooked rice into malleable mochi paste. But Mochitsuki Portland has much more in store than ceremonial grist-grinding. The celebration brings together a family-friendly selection of some of the best regional Asian entertainment, including Portland Taiko (Japanese drumming), Takohachi (Japanese drumming), Sahomi Tachibana Dancers (Japanese classical dance), and more!
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau