To ring in the Japanese new year, traditional mochitsuki revelers heft a wooden mallet and pound vats of cooked rice into malleable mochi paste. But Mochitsuki Portland has much more in store than ceremonial grist-grinding. The celebration brings together a family-friendly selection of some of the best regional Asian entertainment, including Portland Taiko (Japanese drumming), Takohachi (Japanese drumming), Sahomi Tachibana Dancers (Japanese classical dance), and more!
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland News to Chew
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!