To ring in the Japanese new year, traditional mochitsuki revelers heft a wooden mallet and pound vats of cooked rice into malleable mochi paste. But Mochitsuki Portland has much more in store than ceremonial grist-grinding. The celebration brings together a family-friendly selection of some of the best regional Asian entertainment, including Portland Taiko (Japanese drumming), Takohachi (Japanese drumming), Sahomi Tachibana Dancers (Japanese classical dance), and more!
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes