Midsummer: A Play with Songs
Third Rail flirts with its first musical in this two-person romance about trying desperately not to fall in love. “It’s super funny, beautiful, romantic, sexy, [and] foul-mouthed,” says Isaac Lamb, one of the show’s two actors. What more do you need?
"Anyone paying attention will acclimate to the play’s narrative style quickly though, and will be rewarded with a genuinely hilarious script and intensely likeable performances from two actors with evident chemistry. Midsummer wears its irreverence like a badge of honor: an early dialogue-heavy sex scene sets the tone for a production that holds no punches when it comes to depicting the intimate awkwardness of early relationships, particularly when there's booze and pot involved..." Read our full review.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots