Michael Stirling, disciple of Indian classical vocalist Pandit Pran Nath and a student of the American minimalist composer Terry Riley, will perform three Hindustani ragas on Saturday, April 20. A raga is best described as a tonal framework for composition and improvisation– born through a lengthy evolutionary process. Each Hindustani raga is associated with specific times of the day and specific seasons. Stirling’s raga performance will began at ten o’clock at night and last until the morning.
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Damian Lillard Unveils His Adidas Shoe