Michael Stirling, disciple of Indian classical vocalist Pandit Pran Nath and a student of the American minimalist composer Terry Riley, will perform three Hindustani ragas on Saturday, April 20. A raga is best described as a tonal framework for composition and improvisation– born through a lengthy evolutionary process. Each Hindustani raga is associated with specific times of the day and specific seasons. Stirling’s raga performance will began at ten o’clock at night and last until the morning.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Hotel from Twin Peaks Is Offering a Package for Superfans