Michael Stirling, disciple of Indian classical vocalist Pandit Pran Nath and a student of the American minimalist composer Terry Riley, will perform three Hindustani ragas on Saturday, April 20. A raga is best described as a tonal framework for composition and improvisation– born through a lengthy evolutionary process. Each Hindustani raga is associated with specific times of the day and specific seasons. Stirling’s raga performance will began at ten o’clock at night and last until the morning.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Paul Gerald's Favorite Places