Michael Schultz Double Feature
Part of the Portland Black Film Festival. Filmmaker Michael Schultz will present his movies and Krush Groove and The Last Dragon. Krush Groove is based on the early days of Def Jam Recordings, with Russell Simmons himself making a brief cameo appearance in the film. Blair Underwood makes his big screen debut in the movie; other cameos include Shelia E., Run D.M.C., The Fat Boys, Kurtis Blow, the Beastie Boys, and more. The Last Dragon is a martial arts flick that stars the 20-year old actor Taimak as a black belt who dreams of being the next Bruce Lee and possessing "The Glow".
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?