May Day Music Fest
Features:Price: $15–20 per evening; $50 all-festival pass
The venerable Mt. Tabor Theater has been rebranded—again! This time, new owners Charles and Chase Varga have resurrected the venue's original name, the Alhambra Theatre, as the handle for the longtime watering hole and concert venue on SE Hawthorne. To kick things off, the Alhambra will host some big names Wed–Sun at 7:30 for its inaugural May Day Music Fest.
May 1: Red Fang, Dog Shredder, Sons of Huns ($15–20)
May 2: Free Local Showcase (Free)
May 3: Black Prairie, Hook & Anchor, The Lower 48 ($15–20)
May 4: Y La Bamba, Old Light, Chris Pureka ($15–20)
May 5: Sage Francis, Prolyphic, Device Grips ($15–20)
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans