In 2007, the New York Times declared guitar shredder Marnie Stern’s debut album, In Advance of the Broken Arm, "The year’s most exciting rock ‘n’ roll album." She’s gone on to gain more prestige and a serious following, having found a niche in psych rock that’s not only devoid of women, but serious talent. Stern’s explosive style, coupled with rapid-fire percussion by Oneida drummer Kid Millions, will keep you on your toes.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch