In 2007, the New York Times declared guitar shredder Marnie Stern’s debut album, In Advance of the Broken Arm, "The year’s most exciting rock ‘n’ roll album." She’s gone on to gain more prestige and a serious following, having found a niche in psych rock that’s not only devoid of women, but serious talent. Stern’s explosive style, coupled with rapid-fire percussion by Oneida drummer Kid Millions, will keep you on your toes.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?