"Mark Morrisroe: Mark Dirt" Book Release & Signing with Ramsey McPhillips
Mark Morrisroe was many things: a fast burning artistic meteorite whose Polaroids pushed the medium’s edges, a pioneer of Boston’s punk scene, a member of the “Boston School” along with the likes of Nan Goldin and David Armstrong, a chronicler of made-up celebrity gossip, the illegitimate son of the Boston Strangler (so he claimed), and a first rate provocateur. He also happened to be the boyfriend of fifth generation Oregonian Ramsey McPhillips, and his ashes are buried on the McPhillips farm—which figured prominently in our story about the battle against the Riverbend Landfill.
In Mark Morrisroe: Mark Dirt, McPhillips publishes for the first time his collection of Morrisroe’s non-photographic works, including spreads from the only remaining copy of his seminal punk zine, Dirt, as well as drawings, collages, personal correspondence, writings by the artist, and even his last will. Much of these items will be on display at the book release and signing.
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Top Things to Do Labor Day Weekend 2014
- 6 Great Summer Food Cart Sandwiches
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- 7 Relaxing Summer Day Trips
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts