MarchFourth Marching Band
Celebrating its 10th birthday at these shows, MarchFourth Marching Band has come of age with modern Portland. With its home-welded drum harnesses, upcycled uniforms, globe-spanning music mash-up, and entrepreneurial drive to succeed at a seemingly outrageous project (a band that supports 24 people!), MarchFourth basically plays the anthem for Portland’s weird-leaning DIY makers with big dreams. And like the city itself and many of its arts organizations, over the past decade the ensemble has grown up—into a polished, professional, collaborative project that is just on the edge of full sustainability.
Read the profile of MarchFourth Marching Band in our Spring Arts Guide.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014