MarchFourth Marching Band
Celebrating its 10th birthday at these shows, MarchFourth Marching Band has come of age with modern Portland. With its home-welded drum harnesses, upcycled uniforms, globe-spanning music mash-up, and entrepreneurial drive to succeed at a seemingly outrageous project (a band that supports 24 people!), MarchFourth basically plays the anthem for Portland’s weird-leaning DIY makers with big dreams. And like the city itself and many of its arts organizations, over the past decade the ensemble has grown up—into a polished, professional, collaborative project that is just on the edge of full sustainability.
Read the profile of MarchFourth Marching Band in our Spring Arts Guide.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- Insider Secrets on The Princess Bride As Told to Us By Westley Himself
- Cathy Whims to Open an International Ham Bar
- The Guide to Black Friday at Locally Owned Portland Shops
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Justin Timberlake: Bringing Classy Back