MarchFourth Marching Band
Celebrating its 10th birthday at these shows, MarchFourth Marching Band has come of age with modern Portland. With its home-welded drum harnesses, upcycled uniforms, globe-spanning music mash-up, and entrepreneurial drive to succeed at a seemingly outrageous project (a band that supports 24 people!), MarchFourth basically plays the anthem for Portland’s weird-leaning DIY makers with big dreams. And like the city itself and many of its arts organizations, over the past decade the ensemble has grown up—into a polished, professional, collaborative project that is just on the edge of full sustainability.
Read the profile of MarchFourth Marching Band in our Spring Arts Guide.
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- 6 Great Summer Food Cart Sandwiches
- Top Things to Do Labor Day Weekend 2014
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts