MarchFourth Marching Band
Celebrating its 10th birthday at these shows, MarchFourth Marching Band has come of age with modern Portland. With its home-welded drum harnesses, upcycled uniforms, globe-spanning music mash-up, and entrepreneurial drive to succeed at a seemingly outrageous project (a band that supports 24 people!), MarchFourth basically plays the anthem for Portland’s weird-leaning DIY makers with big dreams. And like the city itself and many of its arts organizations, over the past decade the ensemble has grown up—into a polished, professional, collaborative project that is just on the edge of full sustainability.
Read the profile of MarchFourth Marching Band in our Spring Arts Guide.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's Best New Year's Eve Events