March Music Moderne: Free Marz Trio
Closing out the festival, the Free Marz String Trio presents a program dubbed "The Marzian Chronicles." Details are scarce, but the names of everyone from J.S. Bach to Ennio Morricone are given alongside, of course, Ray Bradbury. Nine new tangos based on Erik Satie's Tango Perpetual, will also be performed. The Trio, of which MMM founder and artistic director Bob Priest is a former member, is somewhat known for its untraditional performances—they can involve elements of dance and audience participation, and nontraditional "classical" pieces by, for example, Jimi Hendrix and John Cage.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland this January
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet