March Music Moderne: Free Marz Trio
Closing out the festival, the Free Marz String Trio presents a program dubbed "The Marzian Chronicles." Details are scarce, but the names of everyone from J.S. Bach to Ennio Morricone are given alongside, of course, Ray Bradbury. Nine new tangos based on Erik Satie's Tango Perpetual, will also be performed. The Trio, of which MMM founder and artistic director Bob Priest is a former member, is somewhat known for its untraditional performances—they can involve elements of dance and audience participation, and nontraditional "classical" pieces by, for example, Jimi Hendrix and John Cage.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes