March Music Moderne: Free Marz Trio
Closing out the festival, the Free Marz String Trio presents a program dubbed "The Marzian Chronicles." Details are scarce, but the names of everyone from J.S. Bach to Ennio Morricone are given alongside, of course, Ray Bradbury. Nine new tangos based on Erik Satie's Tango Perpetual, will also be performed. The Trio, of which MMM founder and artistic director Bob Priest is a former member, is somewhat known for its untraditional performances—they can involve elements of dance and audience participation, and nontraditional "classical" pieces by, for example, Jimi Hendrix and John Cage.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads