March Music Moderne: Free Marz Trio
Closing out the festival, the Free Marz String Trio presents a program dubbed "The Marzian Chronicles." Details are scarce, but the names of everyone from J.S. Bach to Ennio Morricone are given alongside, of course, Ray Bradbury. Nine new tangos based on Erik Satie's Tango Perpetual, will also be performed. The Trio, of which MMM founder and artistic director Bob Priest is a former member, is somewhat known for its untraditional performances—they can involve elements of dance and audience participation, and nontraditional "classical" pieces by, for example, Jimi Hendrix and John Cage.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?