Love Gigantic EP Release Concert
Singer-songwriter Sarah King has been a Portland secret for too long. In addition to playing her own songs at smaller venues, the unabashed lover of classic rock is the kind of joyful artist who, just for fun and often just for her friends, gathers together some of Portland’s most skilled musicians to play through entire classic albums by Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, and Led Zeppelin, or to perform a live soundtrack to Harold and Maude at the Alberta Rose Theater (a semi-regular event not to miss). But finally King’s ready to package her own soulful blend of rock magic into the band Love Gigantic, joined by guitarist Chet Lyster (Lucinda Williams, Eels); guitarist David Langenes (Pete Krebs’ Portland Playboys, the Stolen Sweets); keyboardist Lara Michell (the Stolen Sweets, Dirty Martini); bassist Arthur Parker (Trashcan Joe); and drummer Joe Mengis (Climber). Tonight they celebrate the release of a debut EP that would make Stevie Nicks proud.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads