Laura Russo Gallery: Fay Jones and Jan Reaves
Features:Price: Contact gallery for details
Fay Jones is widely considered one of the most influential and accomplished painters in the Northwest—in fact, Seattle commuters pass one of her vivid murals at Westlake Station in the downtown transit tunnel on a daily basis. Her buoyant renderings of people and animals seem poised to float away like clouds.
Eugene-based Jan Reaves looks at the abstract essences of the natural world and lets the exploration soar through her painted lines and geometric shapes. She says, "Through the matrial of paint and gesture, I explore the seen and unseen parts of the world around me. I search for the 'something' in the making of a painting that synthesizes and fixes the expeirence of the actual, illusive, the transient, the ephemeral and the mysteries of our enivorment into the illusory space of a painting..."
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots