Laura Russo Gallery: Fay Jones and Jan Reaves
Features:Price: Contact gallery for details
Fay Jones is widely considered one of the most influential and accomplished painters in the Northwest—in fact, Seattle commuters pass one of her vivid murals at Westlake Station in the downtown transit tunnel on a daily basis. Her buoyant renderings of people and animals seem poised to float away like clouds.
Eugene-based Jan Reaves looks at the abstract essences of the natural world and lets the exploration soar through her painted lines and geometric shapes. She says, "Through the matrial of paint and gesture, I explore the seen and unseen parts of the world around me. I search for the 'something' in the making of a painting that synthesizes and fixes the expeirence of the actual, illusive, the transient, the ephemeral and the mysteries of our enivorment into the illusory space of a painting..."
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Oregon's Best State Parks for Day Trippers
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops