Kush Afghan Rugs
Kush Handmade Rugs brings two members of the renowned Ahmadi rug-making family, Zubair and Zabi, who will speak about the challenges and successes associated with Afghanistan's rug industry. In Afghanistan, the rug industry is a vital source of revenue for the economy, and it is one industry that provides employment opportunities for women.
The Ahmadi family relocated to Los Angeles from their native Afghanistan and continued to concentrate their family's tradition on creating innovative weave techniques and design concepts. Their work has been featured in Veranda, Metropolitan Home, Elle Decor, and used by celebrity designer Kathy Ireland.
A Q&A session will follow the presentation, which will start promptly at 6:15, along with hors d-oeuvres.
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Two Portland Bookstores Become One
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts