Kush Afghan Rugs
Kush Handmade Rugs brings two members of the renowned Ahmadi rug-making family, Zubair and Zabi, who will speak about the challenges and successes associated with Afghanistan's rug industry. In Afghanistan, the rug industry is a vital source of revenue for the economy, and it is one industry that provides employment opportunities for women.
The Ahmadi family relocated to Los Angeles from their native Afghanistan and continued to concentrate their family's tradition on creating innovative weave techniques and design concepts. Their work has been featured in Veranda, Metropolitan Home, Elle Decor, and used by celebrity designer Kathy Ireland.
A Q&A session will follow the presentation, which will start promptly at 6:15, along with hors d-oeuvres.
- Portland Gets Its First Dedicated Bone Broth Bar
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Besaw’s Is Closing On May 29
- Why Portland Desperately Needs More Urban Density
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Kir Jensen's Sugar Cube Bakery Closing May 3
- 22 Reasons Why You Need to Be in Bend This Summer
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots