Kung Pao Chickens
Just try not to dance to the Kung Pao Chickens’ energetic take on Django-esque gypsy jazz. We dare you. Boasting a pair of power-pickin’ fools in guitarists Tracy Kim and Jon Neufeld (from Jackstraw and Black Prairie), the band also gets a big lift from Gary Guenther’s swinging clarinet. You’ll find them every Monday evening at LaurelThirst, serving it up piping hot.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?