Ken Jennings: Because I Said So
Is it true that if run between raindrops you won’t get so wet? Or that you shouldn’t swim for an hour after lunch lest you get cramps? What about sandwich crusts? Is that really where all the vitamins are? In his new book, Because I Said So: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to its Kids, Ken Jennings, who holds the longest winning streak on the game show Jeopardy!, debunks commonplace American family legend and lore. Jennings won the show 74 times before enduring a loss, but it was more than his capacity to store trivia that kept audience members dialed: the guy’s got a dynamic personality, too. In his new book, Jennings calls into question familiar statements passed from parent to child and places them under the scrutiny of science, factual evidence, and self-experimentation. Consider it MythBusters for your next Thanksgiving dinner with mom and dad.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26