Ken Jennings: Because I Said So
Is it true that if run between raindrops you won’t get so wet? Or that you shouldn’t swim for an hour after lunch lest you get cramps? What about sandwich crusts? Is that really where all the vitamins are? In his new book, Because I Said So: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to its Kids, Ken Jennings, who holds the longest winning streak on the game show Jeopardy!, debunks commonplace American family legend and lore. Jennings won the show 74 times before enduring a loss, but it was more than his capacity to store trivia that kept audience members dialed: the guy’s got a dynamic personality, too. In his new book, Jennings calls into question familiar statements passed from parent to child and places them under the scrutiny of science, factual evidence, and self-experimentation. Consider it MythBusters for your next Thanksgiving dinner with mom and dad.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Portland's 10 Best Salads