Justyna Badach and Rania Matar
Soviet-born artist Justyna Badach is currently based in Philadelphia, but having lived without a home country for so long takes to exploring the relationships formed between single men and their living spaces in her new photographic collection. Badach used online ads to find men who would fit what she was looking for, and then encouraged them to focus on their home life. Each photo is accompanied by text.
Rania Matar moved from Lebanon to the US in 1984 and took to studying photography in the New England area. In this exhibit Matar explores the relationship between young girls and their bedrooms. The project came about while Matar worked to understand her own daughter's world and how her daughter perceived things. Matar looks at the relationship between teenage girls from around the world and their belongings, and, ultimately, how that shines light on who they really are.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland