Josh Ritter's music career, which began in 1999 with the self-produced, self-titled album he recorded at Oberlin College in Ohio, has been marked by tried-and-true folk instrumentation, coupled with hyper literate lyrics (his sixth album title, So Runs the World Away, is a line from Shakespeare's Hamlet) which tug at heart strings and jab at funny bones. His latest album, The Beast In Its Tracks, came out in 2013. Though there aren't any releases on the immediate horizon for Josh Ritter, the Portland stop on his summer tour is sure to include hits from his seven albums.
Enter to win tickets to his show.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’