Josh Ritter's music career, which began in 1999 with the self-produced, self-titled album he recorded at Oberlin College in Ohio, has been marked by tried-and-true folk instrumentation, coupled with hyper literate lyrics (his sixth album title, So Runs the World Away, is a line from Shakespeare's Hamlet) which tug at heart strings and jab at funny bones. His latest album, The Beast In Its Tracks, came out in 2013. Though there aren't any releases on the immediate horizon for Josh Ritter, the Portland stop on his summer tour is sure to include hits from his seven albums.
Enter to win tickets to his show.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes